FOR FATHERS OR…. FORE FATHERS ?
THIS POST IS For My Father–Mr. Ashley–On Father’s Day . My Father –Mr. Ashley–was a Mason and a Soldier in the U.S. Army and– he made me–Renee Ashley–A PRINCESS….
THE MOST EXPENSIVE MAN WALKING ?
“THE WALKING MAN” by Alberto Giacometti
A sculpture purchased– at a Sotheby’s of London auction– by an anonymous collector for $104.3 MILLION DOLLARS.
SHOUT OUT TO THE ANONYMOUS COLLECTOR from Renee Ashley Baker: “I’d love to have lunch with you and get a ‘private showing’ of the “WALKING MAN”. You see–I, Renee Ashley Baker, think I know this “Walking Man” .. . .
(Renee Ashley Baker’s aside: “What a name dropper that Renee Ashley Baker is” ! ! ! )
AND….WHAT GOES WITH THE WALKING MAN ?
Why His Golden Ring, of course….
Stuart Hughes 24kt Gold Iphone. Cost? $2 million dollars
and WHAT ELSE DOES A WALKING MAN NEED? A BEER !
THE KING OF BEERS (A Belgian Company)
My Father–Mr. Ashley –drank Manischewitz Wine AND— he also drank BUDWEISER BEER. . . .
(Renee Ashley Baker’s aside: “My father’s family–Ashley–and my father’s mother’s family– Harris– can be traced back to England and Wales….)
SO–FATHER’S DAY IS ON SUNDAY AND STILL NO GIFT FOR DAD?
There are two new apps for the Iphone:
For Collectors: Ebay (download at apple.com/webapps)
For Golfers: Swing by Swing (download at swingbyswing.com)
WHAT ABOUT A GOLF TRIP FOR DAD? BY LAND OR BY SEA ?
(sail aboard Cunard’s Queen Elisabeth 2 )
IF BY SEA: There are two great sea cruises for Golfers:
1. GolfAHoy (at golfahoy.com)
2. Elite Golf Cruises (at elitegolfcruises.com)
but…WHAT IF BY LAND, YOU SAY ?
Also at GolfAHoy .com you’ll find International Golf Vacation Packages….
FOR FATHER’S DAY: What about? Socks….
New socks for Dad every three months from BlackSocks.com (BlackSocks.com is a company based in Switzerland)
ALSO FOR DAD: May He Have The Courage Of A Young Girl. . . .
above, the “Great” Anne Frank
A recipe for Dad from The New York Times
SWEETBREADS A LA KING
2 pairs sweetbreads
6 tablespoons butter
12 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
1 canned pimento, chopped
1/2 cup sherry
1 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
4 patty shells, purchased
1. Soak the sweetbreads in ice water forty-five minutes. Drain and cook slowly in simmering water to cover until white, fifteen to twenty minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and remove all covering and connective tissues. Cut into small cubes.
2. Melt half the butter in a saucepan, add the mushrooms, green pepper and pimento and cook about ten minutes. Add half the sherry and cream.
3. Simmer until the sauce is reduced by about half. Add the diced sweetbreads.
4. In a saucepan melt the remaining butter, add the flour and stir with a wire whisk until blended. Meanwhile, bring the milk to a boil and add all at once to the butter-flour mixture, stirring vigorously with the whisk. Add to the sweet-bread mixture and season with salt.
5. Add the remaining cream and sherry just before pouring the mixture into the heated patty shells.
Yield: 4 Servings
(SCROLL DOWN FOR MORE “FATHER’S DAY”)